Kudos Licensing Information
There will be a one-time sign-up fee of $50,000 for new builds and $25,000 for existing locations.
There will be an ongoing marketing fee of 1.5% and a royalty fee of 1% on total merchandise sales.
The Marketing Fee will be used to drive top line sales, improve c-store margin, and strengthen the Kudos Brand. Here are some of the marketing efforts you can expect:
- Monthly promotional sign package
- Product sourcing and pricing support
- Planogram sets and promotional displays
- Kudos private label program
- Kudos Loyalty Program featuring direct target offers, promotions, product “clubs” and more…
- Digital media strategy inclusive of website, social media pages, digital ads, and search engine optimization
- Social cause and community outreach programs
The Royalty fee will be used to support Kudos licensees from the moment you sign to become a Kudos licensee, through the construction/remodel process to grand opening day. Here are some of the services you can expect:
- Training support in the areas of customer service and Kudos foodservice program
- Operational consultation to ensure brand standards
- Construction Services Management & Project Oversight
- Architectural design
- Technology sourcing and specification
- Vendor programs and incentives
New To Industry Store Standards
A new to industry Kudos will feature our 6,300 square foot, state of the art building design. The store will offer our full restaurant concept including fresh fried chicken, full-service barista bar and drive-thru service. New builds will contain the latest customer facing technology – such as foodservice ordering kiosks, self-checkout, and mobile ordering thru the Kudos App. We will use state of the art technology to provide the consumer the fastest, easiest, and most seamless checkout experience possible. The Kudos forecourt will have a minimum of eight fueling dispensers, fuel canopy, ample customer parking and well-designed ingress and egress zones for pedestrians and vehicles.
Existing & Reimaged Store Standards
All GHRA members are invited to apply for the Kudos brand. There will be a prescreening process to ensure prospective sites can meet the high standards of Kudos. Below is a list of minimal requirements. At Kudos we set the bar high and expect to quickly gain market share in the Houston market.
- Fuel canopy
- Minimum of 8 fueling positions
- Kudo’s fuel or major brand (Chevron, BP, Shell, Exxon, Valero)
- Credit cards accepted at pump
- EMV compliant
- Windshield wash buckets
- Trash cans
- Minimum image standards for parking lot, curbs, landscaping, lighting, etc.
- Minimum 1,000 square foot building
- Space for minimum 12 head multi-brand (Coke, Pepsi & Dr. Pepper) fountain
- Ice dispensing unit for fountain
- Space for minimum 4 head FCB offering
- Space for Bean to Cup coffee (consistent Coffee offer)
- Water filtration system, quality control for fountain, coffee, etc.
- Cold vault has back loaded coolers for soda & beer
- Minimum 8 cooler doors
- Public, interior restroom with minimum image standards for fixtures, cleanliness, lighting, etc.
- Minimum lighting & safety standards
- Security system
- Store utilizes a Back-Office system and scanning at Point of Sale
- Utilizes an approved Back-office system
- Store uses a price book
- Point of sale is an approved system
- Capable of leveraging mobile app connectivity, mobile ordering, & remote payments once launched
- Accepts mobile coupons
- Capable of participating in 3rd party delivery (Uber Eats, Door Dash, etc.)
- Meets local and state health & safety requirements
- ADA compliant
- Permits acquired & up to date
- Local zoning & ordinance requirements
- Good visibility & clearance
Estimated Reimaging Costs start at $75,000 and go up depending on the extent of changes needed at your store.
Store must meet minimum image standards to be eligible for Kudo’s license agreement.
Store can be a standalone convenience store or offer convenience store and fuel